.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Rob

I met Robbie in '66 or '67 during a spanish class. He was already a celebrity of
sorts. Small in statue, big of heart with an easy smile and always a quick wit. He was
a star on the football team and played his guitar at various places, professionally.

I will miss him. I cannot fathom the physical pain he must have been suffering. Emotional pain,
I can relate, having been widowed once and divorced twice.

After high school and a tour for me with uncle sam's adventure and vacation package, we met up at the local community college (Armstrong State). I remember him being happy go lucky
yet focused on his education. I think he was playing at the Port Royal in the evenings. He loved
his music and the fringe benefits which came with being a good musician and playing on river street.

I will never forget Rob, and miss him every day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?