.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 04, 2005

Simple Life

I made a mistake today, and went to clean my old home. I viewed some of the pictures, when times were good and life was unending, or so I thought. I was sad, the pictures were fresh in my mind, even though they were 20 years old. I saw a woman, that took me as I was, and loved me, she deserved better, but she loved me and I loved her.
I saw pictures of the kids when they were young, I saw pictures when we were younger, I saw smiles and I saw hope, for we knew that things would only get better! Well we lived a good life, and I am glad I knew her, she was beautiful. She was kind, caring and a loving woman. I did not deserve her, but she thought I was a good man.
She passed and I was lost. for she was truly the inspiration of my life, even more than my daughter, who I love so much. I think a man needs a good woman to help him along the way.
Maybe I am weak, I think not, but maybe. I have only found joy in my life when I had love. The love of a parent, the love of a spouse or a love of a child.
I am not afraid to say that, no, I am proud to say it.
I have been blessed again, with a good woman, who has had the same experiences, we have sought love and we have found love.
Seek and you shall find, if you want to be sad you will be. If you want to be happy and loved you will be!

Comments:
Your lovely and humble acknowledgement of your courage to love again after loss is certainly the highlight of MY day! I've raised 5 children, and I hope when I'm gone, and my voice is still, that they will have the courage to love - no matter what - Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?