.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 18, 2004

I am Afraid!

Now don't get me wrong. I have stared down the business end of a couple of pistolies, even disarmed a bad guy or two. I've fought against multiple assailants and managed to survive................................................................ I am scared of a good woman! Now is that silly?
 I've  had the honor and privilege to begin to date a lovely, classy woman, of good moral character. It is amazing, the fear that hovers just below the surface just waiting for the most inopportune time to overwhelm me and make a complete ass of myself. I feel like a freshman in high school, trying to get the courage up to ask for the first date!
 Her daughter and my daughter went to school together and grew up in the neighborhood we still live in. My wife died 5July 2000 of cancer. Her husband died a few years ago of cancer. Anyway, her daughter contacted my daughter and they began to feel each of us out, to see if their might be any mutual interest. (wordy huh?) This is a beautiful thing, for the children to pick someone for you, and to have mutual interest.
 Oh yes, I knew her husband and she knew my wife. They were both top shelf people. 
 I don't know where this will take me. I like the feelings I am having. I do know that this will be a slow relationship to  develope. I do not want to be blinded by any distractions and don't want anyone hurt. So, I'll leave it to God, he brought me this far and I don't see any reason to change drivers now! 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?